Subject: RE: FW: OpenSSH Problem
From: "Martin Jones" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Eric Hanchrow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:18:35 -0000

Hi,

I decided to remove the .ssh directory and then do a ssh-user-config to
set up the directory again. I changed the .ssh directory to 700 and the
contents to 600. Now I get:

$ ssh localhost
Last login: Wed Nov 19 17:13:33 2003 from 127.0.0.1
C:\cygwin\usr\sbin\sshd.exe: *** CreateFileMapping, Win32 error 0.
Terminating.
Connection to localhost closed.

Any ideas ?

Regards

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Hanchrow [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 19 November 2003 17:05
To: Martin Jones
Subject: Re: FW: OpenSSH Problem

---INTERNET EMAIL NOTIFICATION---
   This email originates from the Internet and therefore may not be from
the apparent sender. Please check any attachments carefully before
opening them as they may not be as they appear. 
If you have any doubts about the origin or content of the email please
contact PC Support on x2288.
---

>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Jones <[email-masked]> writes:

    Martin> Every time I ssh, I am prompted for the password even when
    Martin> I'm ssh'ing to localhost !

When this happened to me, it was because I'd gotten the wrong
permissions on ~/.ssh and some of the files in it.  ~/.ssh should be
mode 700; the files in it should be 600.  (Actually there are a few
files in there that can be 644, but it doesn't hurt to make them all
600.)
 
-- 
Asking the Iraqi people to assume Saddam's debts
is rather like telling a man who has been shot in the head
that he has to pay for the bullet.
        -- James Surowiecki

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and solely 
for the intended addressee(s). Unauthorised reproduction, disclosure, 
modification, and/or distribution of this email may be unlawful. If you 
have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately 
and delete it from your system. The views expressed in this message 
do not necessarily reflect those of LIFFE Holdings Plc or any of its subsidiary companies.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/