Subject: Re: Plus sign '+' in file permissions
From: [email-masked] (Peter J. Acklam)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:45:47 +0100

"Derek Mahar" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> To what does the plus sign '+' refer at the end of the list of
> file permissions in a Cygwin directory listing (for example,
> -rw-rw-rw-+)?  I'm unfamiliar with this permission since I've
> never seen it in either Solaris or Linux directory listings.
> Using bash or Windows Explorer, how do I enable or disable this
> file permission?

The "+" indicates that there is an ACL (Access Control List) entry
associated with the file.  I don't know about Linux, but ACLs are
used on Solaris too.  See the manual pages for "getfacl" and
"setfacl".

Peter

-- 
Peter J. Acklam - [email-masked] - http://home.online.no/~pjacklam

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/