Subject: Problems with Make, VPATH and MS-DOS paths
From: Nate Bohlmann <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:52:37 -0700

Hi, 
  I'm having a problem getting MS-DOS paths to work properly with VPATH under 
GNU Make 3.80.  The problem is that the VPATH processing tacks on a Unix path 
separator ('/') to the end of the VPATH giving me a source file name something 
similar to code\src\fw/foo.c.  This is a significant problem for the compiler 
I'm using (NOT gcc) since it spits out map and list files based on the stem of 
the input source name which it decides is 'fw/foo.c'.  Because of this same 
compiler, I cannot use Unix path names under a cygwin shell due to the fact that 
it screws up the internal processing of this compiler.  So, I would like to know 
if it's possible to get the VPATH processing to use an MS-DOS separator when 
generating source file names.  I've tried using the --win32 switch with no 
success.

Thanks in advance

Nate Bohlmann ([email-masked])

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/