Subject: Re: trying again - cpan/gcc cannot compile perl module after cygwin 1.5*
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 09:45:48 +1100

On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 09:41, [email-masked] wrote:
> Of course I'm aware that cygwin is now *64* bit compiled, and that I'm
> looking to compile a *32* bit module. So I guess my first question, is
> there backward compatibilty? And, if there is, how can I invoke it for
> successful compilation? Also - any hope that the default installation will
> ever again compile this, or is there now a need for a Win64::Semaphore
> module?

Huh? Win32 != the 32 in cygwin that has been changed to 64. Win32 is a
published set of API's from MS. the 32 bit limitation cygwin has was for
file offsets and similar typedefs.

Why not just just walk through the erroring bits and see whats going on.
My WAG is that they used incorrect typedefs.

Rob
-- 
GPG key available at: <http://www.robertcollins.net/keys.txt>.