Subject: Re: I would like to ask a question
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:54:22 -0800

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Do you have the old gcc of version 2.95.4 ?
> Because I have some program ,which must be build by gcc before 3.0
> or could you give some suggestion?
> thank you very much

The gcc 2.95 package is no longer supported with Cygwin.  It was removed
because of problems with the latest version and its maintainer (cgf)
does not want to support it, and no Cygwin packages depend on it.  See
also <http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2003-10/msg00003.html>

I'm afraid you'll get no help from this list on the matter.  However, if
you're just looking for a gcc2 package that you can mess with yourself,
a little birdie told me that you can go to a FTP search site (such as
www.alltheweb.com) and enter "gcc2-2.95" and you will still find
instances of the package on some mirror sites.  But remember that
there's no official support for this so don't expect any assistance from
this list.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/