Subject: terms
From: Paul-Kenji Cahier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 18:38:22 +0100

Hello all,

I've been trying to make other terminals than rxvt work without the X
server but without success yet... The problem of the rxvt that comes
with cygwin is that as the original rxvt it doesnt support special
charsets, and hence cant display correctly japanese characters, or
chinese characters, or russian, etc. The alternative under linux would
be to use either mlterm or rxvt-beta, mlterm being particularly useful
as it allows multiple encoding in a same term.

I compiled mlterm but here is the error i get when trying to start it:
<18:28:10> DeathWolf@lafiel:~$ mlterm.exe
 display  couldn't be opened.
Unable to start - open_screen_intern() failed.

Rxvt-beta wont even compile, it looks like it needs X to compile even
if i force to disable it in ./configure(--disable-x):
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -DDEBUG_STRICT -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.. -I. -I. -c xdefaults.c -o xdefaults.o
xdefaults.c:281: error: `Rs_scrollBar_align' undeclared here (not in a function)
xdefaults.c:281: error: initializer element is not constant
xdefaults.c:281: error: (near initialization for `optList[61].doff')
xdefaults.c:281: error: initializer element is not constant
xdefaults.c:281: error: (near initialization for `optList[61]')
xdefaults.c:283: error: initializer element is not constant
xdefaults.c:283: error: (near initialization for `optList[62]')
xdefaults.c:290: error: initializer element is not constant
xdefaults.c:290: error: (near initialization for `optList[63]')
xdefaults.c:291: error: initializer element is not constant
xdefaults.c:291: error: (near initialization for `optList[64]')
xdefaults.c:293: error: initializer element is not constant
xdefaults.c:293: error: (near initialization for `optList[65]')
xdefaults.c:295: error: initializer element is not constant
xdefaults.c:295: error: (near initialization for `optList[66]')
xdefaults.c:296: error: initializer element is not constant
xdefaults.c:296: error: (near initialization for `optList[67]')
make[1]: *** [xdefaults.lo] Error 1

So basicaly i havent been able to make any of the two work, and i was
wondering if anyone either did it already, or could give me some
help.

     Thank you a lot,
     
 Paul-Kenji                          mailto:[email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/