Subject: Re: Please Help: Connection closed after successful ssh connection
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin mailing list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 11:49:19 -0800

"Donovan, Michael" wrote:

> I've been scouring the internet for a resolution to this problem and
> have yet to find how this was solved. I've been working on this for a
> week, and I'm not any closer to solving it. Thanks in advance for taking
> your time to help solve my problem.
> 
> I have setup a password less  ssh connection to a Windows 2003 Server
> using the SYSTEM account with privilege separation.
> 
> Here is an output from ssh -v localhost:

I think under Windows 2003 you need to create a special account under
which to run sshd, not SYSTEM.  Try Corinna's ssh-host-config script
that she has been asking people to try out and test, it should take care
of creating this user, giving it the proper tokens, and removing its
ability to log on (for security), etc.  See also: 
<http://www.google.com/search?as_q=site%3Acygwin.com+inurl%3Aml+ssh+windows+2003+passwordless&num=50>

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/