Subject: Re: STLport with the Cygwin/MinGW compiler
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Alex Vinokur" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 15:47:30 +0100

Hallo Alex,

>> Since libstdc++ is also static, it will be a fair race if both
>> times the static archive is used.

> libstlport_cygwin.a works fine.

> I tried to do the same thing with mingw.

[...]

> c++ -shared -o ...

This is wrong, you must also link with -mno-cygwin flag to get the
right libstdc++ in /usr/lib/mingw.

Add it to DYN_LINK:
DYN_LINK=c++ -mno-cygwin -shared -o

However, the link to the static archive also fails, maybe because the
MinGW version of gcc was built without --disable-nls?

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/