Subject: Re: Is gcc-core-3.3.1-3.tar.bz2 corrupted?
From: Cliff Hones <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:10:02 +0000

Jörg Schaible wrote:
> what does "file" report?
> 
> $> file gcc-core-3.3.1-3.tar.bz2

This shows that it is actually a gzipped file.  Setup knows
what to do with both bzip2 and gzip formats, without relying
on the extension being right.

It is actually a gzipped empty tar file - the new gcc-core binary
package (which is in the "Misc" group) seems to be a placeholder
for the associated sources.

-- Cliff

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/