Subject: Re: Perl - trying to install libwin32
From: Charles Owens <[email-masked]>
To: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:40:09 -0500

Gerrit (and others),

Thanks for the help thus far.

Needing to get some real work done for now I've downgraded to perl 
5.6.1... libwin32 builds okay except for Win32::Job.  I hacked in a 
dummy Makefile to just skip over it.

In all cases I've been using Rafael Kitover's patch... announced this 
patch January.  Here's the URL.

http://www.io.com/~rkitover/libwin32-0.191-port.diff

Has anyone actually built it successfully with perl-5.8.1?   Where's the 
recipe?

Thanks,

Charles

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

>
>>Any thoughts?
>>    
>>
>
>Hmm, which version of libwin  (download URL) and can you send a patch
>of your current tree against the source?  I'll try if it works for me
>(though with perl-5.8.1, but this should make no difference).
>
>
>Gerrit
>  
>

-- 
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
  Charles N. Owens                              [email-masked]
                                    http://www.enc.edu/~charles.n.owens
  Senior Technology Officer
  Information Technology Services              Eastern Nazarene College
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/