Subject: setup.exe aborts "Install from Local Directory"
From: Juan Diaz Naveas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:44:30 -0300

Hello,

After downloading the installations files, I was trying to install
cygwin using "Install from Local Directory" . But when setup was already
running I realized that I forgott to change the name of the target
directory. So I killed setup.exe with the help of the windows 2000 task
manager. 

After that, I have been unable to rerun completely the setup procedure.
When I run setup it asks all the rutinary questions, but when it starts
with "Checking MD5 for aspell" it crashes and it doesn't continue the
installation.

I erased the target directory c:\cygwin and restarted the procedure but
it failed too. I logged on in windows 2000 as another user and run setup
with the same unsuccesful results. I erased all possible temporary
files.

I am feeling that maybe windows 2000 automatically sends now a kill
signal to setup.exe whenever it runs (since that first time, when I
killed it by hand).

I installed some months ago cygwin succesfully on the same computer
(Compaq Evo N160). So I am really lost about the present situation.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Juan

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Juan Diaz Naveas                              E-Mail: [email-masked]
Escuela de Ciencias del Mar                   Tel.:   +56-32-274269
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Valparaiso         +56-32-274255
Av. Altamirano 1480                           Fax:    +56-32-274206
Valparaiso, CHILE                             Mobil:  +56-9-1630936
-------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/