Subject: Re: 1.5.5-1: fprintf(stdout, ...) writes to serial port when used by apcupsd
From: Alexander Schremmer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:04:59 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:56:21 -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 10:27:23AM +0100, Alexander Schremmer wrote:
>>Is it enough to call ftell(stdout) and check for != -1 to check for a valid
>>stdout? Then I'd submit that patch to apcupsd.
> 
> Why don't you verify this for yourself rather than ask for corroboration
> from people who have never used the program?  There is no magic here.

because I have no working gcc tool chain here. The quoted question just
refers to the check of the state of a stream, not to this particular
program.

Kind regards,
Alexander

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/