Subject: Re: OpenGL and Cygwin
From: [email-masked]
To: Brian Ford <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 04:00:02 -0500

Hi Brian, Andre, cygwin folks,
   Thanks for all your help to date. I have been somewhat lax in replying 
since I am sitting at my laptop in India with a slow connection. Here is 
the situation:

As per Andre's suggestion, I wanted to force linking via the windows gl 
headers, and so I just moved the /usr/include/GL/* headers out of the 
way, and am using the headers from /usr/include/w32api/GL

My g++ command line is

g++ -mno-cygwin .... -lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32

and a cygcheck on my exe file indicated that the glut file being linked 
is my local copy that I got from nvidia, and the glu,opengl32 libs are 
the dll files linked from c/windows/system32

As I mentioned, all of opengl1.1 works fine. In an attempt to get 
histograms, I enabled GL_VERSION_1.2 (I may have the spelling wrong here, 
but I used the correct #define). However, the way the windows gl files 
are structured, if the _WIN32 option is defined, the GL_VERSION_1_2 
option is ignored (i.e the GL_VERSION stuff is only included inside a 
#ifndef _WIN32 bracket).

Instead, I enabled GL_GLEXT_PROTOTYPES and that seemed to let the 
compilation go thru ok. However, at the link phase, I got stuck, with an 
error message of the form

undefined reference to _glGetMinmax@2

the @2 suggesting that at least I am using the right include files.

Now, i have been poking around with the nvidia opengl libs: the one I 
have doesn't appear to be the right kind though: (nvoglnt.dll) - I 
couldn't link it using -lnvoglnt (ld crashed)

This is my current state. I am trying to download the new nvidia drivers 
that were released Oct 23, but it is taking some time given my slow 
connection....

I 

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/