Subject: Re: how to build GNU make from scratch ?
From: "Cliff Hones" <[email-masked]>
To: "Heiko Nardmann" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:18:58 +0100

Heiko Nardmann wrote:
> ... 
> What is Cygwin B20 in difference to what I normally get by setup.exe ???

[Joerg was of course joking...]

B20 is a *very* old version of Cygwin, which is completely
unsupported.  If you are using setup.exe to install, you will
not have B20.  I've no idea why Bobby M brought the subject up.

Returning to your original problem, it sounds as though you
have a broken installation.  make, configure et al should
run 'out of the box', and you should not need to rebuild
make.  If you do wish to rebuild make, you should use
the Cygwin version of the source tarball (which you can
get using setup.exe) as there are in all likelihood
Cygwin-specific patches which are not present in the
mainline GNU sources.

So, take a look at http://cygwin.com/problems.html
and send in the required details so we can help track
down your problem.

-- Cliff

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/