Subject: Re: undefined reference to `_getline'
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:20:45 -0700

"Robb, Sam" wrote:

>   In porting soem code to run under Cygwin, I ran
> into a problem finding getline().  The following
> code snippet demonstrates the problem:

getline() is a glibc-ism, a nonstandard GNU extension.  It's not listed
anywhere that I can see at
<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-api/cygwin-api.html> so I'd say it's safe to
assume that it's not supported by Cygwin.  I'm pretty sure you could
work around this by rolling your own.  In fact, a little googling
returned the following:
<http://www.klid.dk/pub/gnu/gnu-utils/gnu/txtutil1.22/lib/getline.c>

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/