Subject: Re: Compiling errors with '-mno-cygin' option on Cygwin
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Bezzam <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:52:30 +0200

Paul wrote:

> Hello everyone,

> I have this issue: I have a C program that uses embedded perl to call a
> Perl subroutine.  This runs successfully when compiled with gcc with
> default options.  But, when I use the -mno-cygwin option, I get errors
> indicating that some include files are not available. (The error messages
> are shown below my signature)

> All of this is on Cygwin.  Can anyone please point my mistakes?

-mno-cygwin defines WIN32 and other MinGW symbols, since Cygwin Perl was
compiled without these settings it won't work, also the perl header
win32.h is not available in the Cygwin Perl package.  Perl wants to pull
in the headers but you don't have them in the default MinGW search paths
(/usr/include/mingw & /usr/include/w32api), and even if you would copy
the headers over there it won't work.

> Below is part of the error message:

> $ gcc -c -mno-cygwin mpdll2.c `perl -MExtUtils::Embed -e ccopts -e ldopts`
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lcrypt
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lutil
> In file included from mpdll2.c:2:
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/cygwin-multi-64int/CORE/perl.h:613:27: netinet/in.h:
> No such file or directory
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/cygwin-multi-64int/CORE/perl.h:617:26: arpa/inet.h:
> No such file or directory
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/cygwin-multi-64int/CORE/perl.h:663:27: sys/times.h:
> No such file or directory
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/cygwin-multi-64int/CORE/perl.h:782:30: sys/ioctl.h:
> No such file or directory
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/cygwin-multi-64int/CORE/perl.h:1193:23: ieeefp.h: No
> such file or directory
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/cygwin-multi-64int/CORE/perl.h:1984:21: win32.h: No
> such file or directory
> In file included from
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/cygwin-multi-64int/CORE/perl.h:2215,
>                  from mpdll2.c:2:

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/