Subject: Re: Serious problem with win32 pthreads crashing and c++ class
From: Larry Hall <[email-masked]>
To: "Arash Partow" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 23:09:19 -0400

At 10:02 PM 10/22/2003, Arash Partow you wrote:

>Hi Ross,
>
>What you've just said now really baffeles me cause, the pthread-win32 page
>is being hosted by red-hat which makes cygwin:
>http://sources.redhat.com/pthreads-win32/ or is this address just a mirror
>from somewhere else?

Red Hat hosts a number of open-source projects at their sources.redhat.com.
That doesn't mean that every projects uses others code.  Ross is right.  
Cygwin has it's own POSIX thread implementation.  Don't use pthread-win32
with Cygwin.    

>In any case I've obtained the cygwin version of gcc and other tool chains
>including libs etc from www.cygwin.com using the install program they
>provide. The latest version of their tool chain is "cygming special
>release" I have no idea what that exactly means but all i know is most of
>my unix code except for this threading stuff ports really well using this
>version of compiler+tool chains. I've done a google search for the term and
>mainly results releating to postings on the cygwin mailing list appear.
>
>this is the url:
>http://www.google.com.au/search?q=gcc+version+3.3.1+%28cygming+special%29&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=
>
>
>Regards
>
>
>Arash Partow
>
>
>PS: seems like i've been barking up the wrong tree... :(
>

Yes, sounds like it.

--
Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746                     

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/