Subject: RE: Cygwin Setup 99% (fwd)
From: "Rao, Shrisha" <[email-masked]>
To: "Hannu E K Nevalainen" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:24:33 -0500

On October 22, 2003, Hannu E K Nevalainen wrote:

> Rao:
> > It is, and I downloaded and installed it, but the problems continue
> > (kill -9 ... and latex still hang).
> 
>  Might it be that there was /etc/postinstall/*sh scripts that didn't
get
> executed - or maybe something went wrong?
> 
>  I'd try a "All @ Reinstall" from "local package directory"

I have tried that, and it hasn't helped.  But you're right; the
postinstall hangs at /etc/postinstall/base-files-mketc.sh,
.../texmf**.sh, and so on.  (I've seen postings about XFree86 scripts
hanging, but not about these.)

I tried the suggestions for kill -9 and also for using Windows task
manager to kill off cygwin.exe, but neither worked.  (There *is* no
cygwin.exe running when /etc/postinstall/base-files-mketc.sh hangs, and
killing the various sh.exe's causes setup to complete, create the icons,
etc., but of course things are not properly set up.)

Regards,

Shrisha Rao

> /Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE - 59?16.37'N, 17?12.60'E
> -- printf("Timezone: %s\n", (DST)?"UTC+02":"UTC+01"); --
> --END OF MESSAGE--

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/