Subject: [bug] tar (1.13.25-3) -g --recursive always archieve files in subdirectories
From: Ilya Pobelov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:35:21 +0200

Hello!

I am making incremental backup of my data using script, containing 
following line:

tar -g $ARCHNAME.list -X $ARCHNAME.exclude --recursive -c $DIRECTORY | 
bzip2 -9 > $BACKUPDIR/$ARCHNAME-$BACKUPTIME.tar.bz2

to archieve my data. This expected to create incremental archieves, and 
it works well with tar 1.13.25-1 (e.g. only changed files are archivated 
on next run of script). With tar 1.13.25-3 I noticed, that files, 
located in the subdirectories of main data directory ($DIRECTORY) are 
always archivated, even if they weren't changed. I suspect, that this 
situation is a bug.
Now I am using tar 1.13.25-1 to avoid this situation. Unfortunately, I 
have no possibility to test tar 1.13.25 on UNIX-like systems. My system 
information: Windows 98 SE, Current Cygwin (cygwin 1.5.5-1) installation 
except tar. If you need additional information, please ask.
Thank you for your attention, hope that this is information will be useful.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/