Subject: Re: Perl page fault - old news ??
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: John K <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:13:33 +0200

Hallo John,

Am Dienstag, 21. Oktober 2003 um 22:13 schriebst du:

>    I'm learning Cygwin and Perl. Perl is currently 5.8.0 under Windows 
> 98. I have run setup today so I think everything is current.

>    $ perldoc CGI

> results in a Windows pop which contains ...

> PERL caused an invalid page fault in
> module FCNTL.DLL at 017f:00b931b8.

Windows 98 is known to have problems with Cygwin Perl.

>    Is there something I can do or should do to make this work better?

Yes, you may try to use perl-5.8.1 which was reported to behave
better.  That means only one error where you get several with 5.8.0.
There is also a debugging version of perl-5.8.1 available if you're
interested in tracking down what goes wrong:
ftp://ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN/authors/id/G/GE/GERRIT/
There are two tarballs needed for debugging, the
perl_debug-5.8.1-2-srctree.tar.bz2 and the binaries
perl_debug-5.8.1-2.tar.bz2, both extracted from the Cygwin root.

I've no Win98 since about three years now and I feel much better!

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/