Subject: Re: Command Line Editting in VI mode
From: "Cliff Hones" <[email-masked]>
To: "zzapper" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:08:12 +0100

zzapper wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:29:22 -0600, Warren Young <[email-masked]>
> wrote:
> 
> >zzapper wrote:
> >
> >> is there any way of defaulting to Vi mode? Or any other advice?
> >
> >Start it via 'ex' when you know you want the line editor.  That's the 
> >line editor underlying vi.  Start it via 'vi' only when you want visual 
> >editing.
> 
> PMI (Pardon My Ignorance) How do I do that?

/usr/bin/ex should be a symbolic link to vim.  When vim is invoked
as ex, it starts in command line mode.

So just $ ex <your file>

-- Cliff

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/