Subject: Re: Perl - trying to install libwin32
From: Charles Owens <[email-masked]>
To: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:58:00 -0400

Okay... (just now getting back to this).

Thanks for the pointer... but it must be something else.

Since the build is failing in APIFile I've added this to APIFile/Makefile

   LDDLFLAGS = -L/usr/lib/w32api -lkernel32 -I/usr/include/w32api

When I run 'make' I do see that the gcc line in question now has these 
options... but the link fails in the same way as before. (lots of 
unresolved reverences, eg. "...File.c: undefined reference to 
'_CloseHandle'")

Any thoughts on what my next step should be?

Thanks much,

Charles

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

>>I'm also seeing the same problem as Paul when trying to compile 
>>libwin32-0.191 (patched) on cygwin.  This is with both gcc 3.3.1 and gcc
>>3.2 20020927 (prerelease) .
>>    
>>
>>Any suggestions?  Here's what "make" is giving me (with gcc 3.2):
>>    
>>
>
>Try adding libkernel32.a (-L/usr/lib/w32api -lkernel32) to the linkline?
>
>
>Gerrit
>  
>

-- 
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
  Charles N. Owens                              [email-masked]
                                    http://www.enc.edu/~charles.n.owens
  Senior Technology Officer
  Information Technology Services              Eastern Nazarene College
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/