Subject: Re: linux/*.h include files
From: Steve Coleman <[email-masked]>
To: Flavio Rabello de Souza <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:55:35 -0400

Flavio Rabello de Souza wrote:

>
> I´m trying to compile a C program under cygwin but it uses some linux 
> include files. (#include <linux/in.h> and #include <linux/if_ether.h>)

On my cygwin system I have both <netinet/in.h> and <net/if.h> . These 
are the 'standard' includes that they probably should have used if they 
wanted their code to be portable. Try them and see if that helps. These 
standard include files will usually in turn include the 'platform 
specific' header files for that system. It is best to never use the 
'platform specific' version (e.g. linux/*.h, cygwin/*.h ) directly 
unless it is in code which would never compile and run on any other system.

Steve.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/