Subject: Re: ssmtp 2.38.7-4 reads headers from message body.
From: Sam Edge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:04:19 +0100

Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]> wrote in
<[email-masked]>
in gmane.os.cygwin on Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:33:07 +0200:

> I'm not familar with the mail-related RFCs.  Is
> it allowed to send lines with DOS lineendings?

The RFCs for SMTP e-mail (RFC2821 and its predecesors) /require/ CR-LF
("\r\n" i.e. "DOS") line endings. (Probably because debugging using
dumb terminals or printers was easier that way in days of yore.)

Regards,
-- 
Sam Edge

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/