Subject: Setup: prevent scan for domain users by mkpasswd
From: Huijing Zhou <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:12:27 +0200

I'm working at an university computer lab with over 6000 users in our 
Active Directory. You can imagine how long it takes for Cygwin Setup to 
add all of them into passwd. I know Setup calls mkpasswd with the "-l" 
option, but it doesn't help when I run the installation on a Windows server.

Maybe it's better to change mkpasswd and mkgroup so that they do nothing 
when called with "-l" on a Server, or maybe there are some other ways to 
resolve it. Actually I don't care, I just don't like to wait an hour or 
two for passwd-grp.sh.

Huijing

-- 
Huijing Zhou <[email-masked]>
CIP Computer Lab, Faculty of Economics
University of Karlsruhe, Germany
http://www.wiwi.uni-karlsruhe.de/ze/cip/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/