Subject: package removed: gcc2-2.95-*
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:05:14 -0400

As previously stated, I have now removed gcc2 from the distribution on
sources.redhat.com.  It will disappear from mirrors shortly, I'm sure.

Please send complaints to [email-masked].

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 01:12:01AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>I don't have the time or the inclination to support gcc 2.95 (aka the
>gcc2 package).  That fact wasn't a really big deal until David
>Billinghurst pointed out that the package contained a serious flaw.  So,
>rather than subject people to a broken g++, I will be end-of-lifing the
>gcc2 package next week unless someone steps forward to claim package
>maintainership.
>
>This means I will remove the package from sources.redhat.com and it
>will no longer be available for download via setup.exe.
>
>If you are interested in maintaining this package, please send email
>to cygwin-apps.  Serious inquries only, please, i.e.  no "I have never
>built a package before and don't really know C but if you are available
>to step me through ever individual step required, I might do it if it
>isn't too hard."
>
>If you have questions or comments not related to volunteering for
>maintainership, please send them to the Cygwin mailing list: 
>see <http://cygwin.com/list.html>.
>
>Oh, and I probably have to say that the gcc 3.3.1 package will still be
>available.
>
>              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
>
>If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
>at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
>Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:
>
>cygwin-announce-unsubscribe-you=[email-masked]
>
>If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
>
>http://sources.redhat.com/lists.html#unsubscribe-simple
>
>Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
>starting at this URL.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/