Subject: Re: Downloading previous versions of cygwin
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 20:40:42 -0700

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> 
> On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 06:05:58PM -0700, Matt Berney wrote:
> >I didn't see an answer to my question, however.  Is there a way to find
> >a specific version of cygwin (and all associated tools and utilities)?
> >I could search through the mirror sites, but it would be nice if the
> >cygwin installer allowed for "version X and associated utilities".
> 
> There is no such thing as "version X and associated utilities".  Cygwin
> and its utilities are not released in lock step.  Additionally, there is
> no archive of older versions of cygwin available for download.

This is true, but if you really want the older versions you can get
pretty good mileage out of file search engines such as
www.alltheweb.com, for example: 
<http://www.alltheweb.com/search?avkw=fogg&advanced=1&cat=ftp&q=cygwin-1.3.17-1.tar.bz2&ftype=4&ex=on>

Just don't expect any support for it from anyone in here.  :-)

The archives of cygwin-announce are useful if you want to see what
versions of the packages were coincident with a certain vintage of the
Cygwin DLL, and again the file search should point you to sources.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/