Subject: Re: MySQLdb under cygwin's python
From: Alexy Khrabrov <[email-masked]>
To: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:50:30 -0400

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 02:14:59PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> 
> Configure with --enable-server=no

I prefer --without-server :) -- and it works fine.

An interesting issue occurs when trying to compile the whole mysql-4.0.15a,
after I commented out all #pragma (interface|implementation) per other
Gerrit's advice.  Everything compiles, but the server doesn't link with
only _one_symbol missing in sql_yacc.o:

my_yyoverflow(short**, YYSTYPE**, int*)

-- but that's defined in sql_parse.o!  I played briefly with declaring it
extern in sql_yacc.yy, and trying to include sql_yacc.h in more places,
but all to no avail.  As I see the server is broken under cygwin anyways,
that's a purely theoretical issue, still, anybody saw it?

Cheers,
Alexy

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/