Subject: Re: Perl Tk in Cygwin (using X)
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Plager <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 17:48:15 +0200

Hello,

>>>Errors at very bottom of this email.
>>>[snip]
>>>rm -f blib/arch/auto/Tk/Tk.dll
>>>LD_RUN_PATH="" gcc -shared  -s -L/usr/local/lib Tk.o chnGlue.o
>>>evtGlue.o objGlue.o tixGlue.o tkGlue.o tkGlue_f.o tkWin32Dll.o  -o
>>>blib/arch/auto/Tk/Tk.dll pTk/libpTk.a
>>>/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/cygwin-multi-64int/CORE/libperl.dll.a
>>>Tk.o(.text+0x1f3d):Tk.c: undefined reference to `_XSynchronize'

>> It's obviously not finding (lib|cyg)X11 (it's not even on the link line).
>> Do you have XFree86-prog package installed?  XFree86-bin?
>> XFree86-lib-compat?

It is this ugly problem: There is a libX11.dll.a whereas MakeMaker looks
for libX11.a and doesn't see the .dll.a.

Workaround is to create symlinks (ln -s libX11.dll.a libX11.a) until I
fixed perl.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/