Subject: Re: Perl, the GMP library, and the Math::BigInt::GMP module
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Peter J. Acklam" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 14:13:21 +0200

Peter schrieb:

> "Gerrit @ cygwin" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> This ia a problem with MakeMaker.  It just looks for .a
>> libraries and doesn't see the .dll.a import library, I thought
>> it was fixed, which version of perl are you using?

> I am using Perl 5.8.0-5, with MakeMaker version 6.17.

I'll see if I can find the fix again and then will ask the maintainer
why it is still failing.

>> As a workaround try creating a symlink libgmp.dll.a libgmp.a or
>> create an empty libgmp.a in /usr/lib.

> I made the symlink

>    /usr/lib/libgmp.a -> /usr/lib/libgmp.dll.a

> and it now builds, but with many errors:

I wrote the maintainer about it, cannot say what the problem is.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/