Subject: Re: ugly lyrics with 2.0.1 on Windows
From: Mats Bengtsson <[email-masked]>
To: Arvid Grøtting <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 13:15:17 +0200

The problem turns out to be that the tetex-tiny package does not
include all font files needed by LilyPond. Especially, it doesn't
include: cmr{5,6,7,8}.pfb, cmti{5,6}.pfb, cmtt{5,6,7,8,17}.pfb,
cmcsc8.pfb and cmss{5,6,7,8,9,10,12,14,17}.pfb.

The Lilypond package actually includes a few cm*.pfa font files,
but in the list above, I have only mentioned those Type1 font
files that are missing both in tetex-tiny and lilypond at the
moment, but are mentioned in scm/font.scm.

One possible workaround is to install the tetex-base package
(tetex-tiny is a minimal subset of tetex-base). However, that
package is fairly large so it would be better if tetex-tiny
was extended to include all the necessary font files.
I'm sending a copy of this request to the cygwin mailing list.

    /Mats

Arvid Grøtting wrote:
> Mats Bengtsson <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> 
>>Did you do anything special in your file, such as including
>>paper16.ly or setting any Lyrics related properties?
> 
> 
> I have paper16.ly included, yes.  Shouldn't that work?
> 
> Without paper16, I do indeed get a better font, but in return I can
> only fit one system on a page, which is a bit suboptimal for this
> piece.
> 
> paper19 fails as always, paper13 is too small and has the wrong font,
> paper11 idem, while paper23 and paper26 work (but are a bit on the
> large side).

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/