Subject: Re: Domain Users
From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 19:34:58 -0400

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 04:55:18PM -0400, Boris Mayer-St-Onge wrote:
> 
> 1- From what I understand, this problem occur only since version 1.5.x 
> of cygwin.  Is that right?

Yes, but see below.
 
> 2- Is it possible to install a older version of cygwin (we have all the 
> file of version 1.3.22-1 except the setup.exe).  When we try to install 
> cygwin with the setup.exe from the web page and with the files from a 
> local directory, we have errors.  Is it possible to have an older 
> version of setup.exe?

The message is not produced by cygwin itself by by the /etc/profile
script, which you can easily edit to remove the section of code that
checks the group name. It's just a warning, nothing bad will happen as
long as you don't try to use features (e.g. chown and various services)
that require a complete /etc/passwd. I would recommend doing that rather
than trying to go back in time.

Pierre

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/