Subject: Re: Perl, the GMP library, and the Math::BigInt::GMP module
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Peter J. Acklam)
Cc: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 22:07:28 +0200

Hallo Peter,

Am Mittwoch, 8. Oktober 2003 um 07:50 schriebst du:

> I have installed the latest versions of Perl and the GMP library,
> and want to install the Math::BigInt::GMP Perl module which makes
> use of this GMP library, but I can't make them play together.

> There is a complaint "No library found for -lgmp", but I know the
> library is installed.  I can also see the files:

>    $ find /usr/lib /usr/local/lib -type f | grep -i gmp
>    /usr/lib/libgmp.dll.a
>    /usr/lib/libgmp.la
>    /usr/lib/w32api/libigmpagnt.a

This ia a problem with MakeMaker.  It just looks for .a libraries and
doesn't see the .dll.a import library,  I thought it was fixed, which
version of perl are you using?

As a workaround try creating a symlink libgmp.dll.a libgmp.a or create
an empty libgmp.a in /usr/lib.

> Below are the results from my attempt.  What am I doing wrong?
> What must I do to get it working?
[...]

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/