Subject: XFree86-bin-icons.sh freezes Cygwin installation
From: Huijing Zhou <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 18:40:14 +0200

While doing a completely new installation of Cygwin using the latest 
Setup version on a Windows 2000 Server, the installation keeps on 
stucking at "/etc/postinstall/XFree86-bin-icons.sh", which would takes 
over half an hour for no reason. There are a bunch of bash, sh and other 
cygwin processes in the process list, but no significant processor or 
harddisk activity. This behaviour is reproduceable most of the time, but 
not always.

Unfortunately, there is no chance for me to debug the setup process. 
Personally I think the Setup is by far the weakest part of the whole 
Cygwin distribution, there's been serious problems (serious as in 
preventing you completing your installation successfully) for years. 
Maybe it's better if we add a "debug output" to the setup to follow the 
steps it operates. I'd very much need that.

Huijing

-- 
Huijing Zhou <[email-masked]>
CIP Computer Lab, Faculty of Economics
University of Karlsruhe, Germany
http://www.wiwi.uni-karlsruhe.de/ze/cip/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/