Subject: uw-ipop3d 2002e-1 corrupts all mails
From: Patrick Eisenacher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 13:45:02 +0200

Hi,

my setup is
- Mozilla v1.4 as my mail client
- exim v4.24-1 as my MTA
- uw-imap-imapd 2002e-1's ipop3d as my pop server

Everything worked smoothly together on Cygwin 1.3.22-1 with 
uw-imap-imapd 2002c-1 or 2002d-1.

Now, after upgrading to Cygwin 1.5.5-1 and to uw-imap-imapd 2002e-1, 
when I retrieve mails, they show all kinds of corruptions:
- header lines are missing
- header lines are corrupted (cut off, glued together)
- header lines appear in the body, ie empty lines are inserted into the 
header
- a line containing a single dot is appended to the body

Not every corruption type shows up in every mail, but the same ones show 
up in a consistent way when sending & retrieving the same mail.

The mail is still ok in my user's inbox at /var/mail/<username>, so it's 
not exim that is corrupting the mail. Oh and yes, the inbox is on a 
binary mount.

Reading through the archives, it seems more people have problems with 
the latest uw-imapd package.

I wonder whether the problem has already been identified by the 
developers or - if it's Cygwin specific - by the maintainer and whether 
there are any plans to release a new version in the near future.

If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks,
Patrick

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/