Subject: libmcrypt - make error with cygwin
From: Marcus Daub <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 09:49:13 +0200

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've tried to install mcrypt with the libmcrypt-2.5.7 with cygwin
version 1.5.5-1 to get mcrypt under Windows.

But there is an error:
after ./configure I made a make but it left with the error
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.1/../../../libcygwin.a(libcmain.o)(.text+0x7c): 

undefined reference to '_WinMain@16'

The hole make output:
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/d/Programme/cygwin/lib/libmcrypt'
Making all in modules
make[2]: Entering directory
`/cygdrive/d/Programme/cygwin/lib/libmcrypt/modules'
Making all in algorithms
make[3]: Entering directory
`/cygdrive/d/Programme/cygwin/lib/libmcrypt/modules/algorithms'
/bin/bash ../../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2  -no-undefined -o
threeway.la  -module -avoid-version -rpath /usr/local/lib/libmcrypt
3-way.lo
rm -fr .libs/threeway.la .libs/threeway.* .libs/threeway.*
generating symbol list for `threeway.la'
  dlltool --export-all --exclude-symbols
DllMain@12,_cygwin_dll_entry@12,_cygwin_noncygwin_dll_entry@12,DllMainCRTStartup@12,DllEntryPoint@12 

--output-def .libs/threeway.dll-def  3-way.lo
  sed -e "1,/EXPORTS/d" -e "s/ @ [0-9]*//" -e "s/ *;.*$//" <
.libs/threeway.dll-def > .libs/threeway.exp
if test "x`sed 1q .libs/threeway.exp`" = xEXPORTS; then cp
.libs/threeway.exp .libs/threeway.dll-def; else echo EXPORTS >
.libs/threeway.dll-def; _lt_hint=1; cat .libs/threeway.exp | while read
symbol; do set dummy $symbol; case $# in 2) echo " $2 @ $_lt_hint ; " >>
.libs/threeway.dll-def;; 4) echo " $2 $3 $4 ; " >>
.libs/threeway.dll-def; _lt_hint=`expr $_lt_hint - 1`;; *) echo " $2 @
$_lt_hint $3 ; " >> .libs/threeway.dll-def;; esac; _lt_hint=`expr 1 +
$_lt_hint`; done; fi
  gcc -Wl,--base-file,.libs/threeway.dll-base
-Wl,-e,__cygwin_dll_entry@12 -o .libs/threeway.dll  3-way.lo
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/cygdrive/d/Programme/cygwin/lib/libmcrypt/modules/algorithms'
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/cygdrive/d/Programme/cygwin/lib/libmcrypt/modules'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/d/Programme/cygwin/lib/libmcrypt'

Please find the bug, so that we have a relieable cryption under windows.
Please could you notify me if you have fixed the bug?

Thanks in advance!

Marcus Daub
[email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/