Subject: Re: Perl - trying to install libwin32
From: Charles Owens <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:57:12 -0400

Howdy,

I'm also seeing the same problem as Paul when trying to compile 
libwin32-0.191 (patched) on cygwin.  This is with both gcc 3.3.1 and gcc 
3.2 20020927 (prerelease) .

Any suggestions?  Here's what "make" is giving me (with gcc 3.2):

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/owensc/dev/libwin32-0.191/APIFile'
rm -f ../blib/arch/auto/Win32API/File/File.dll
LD_RUN_PATH="" ld2  -s -L/usr/local/lib File.o  -o ../blib/arch/auto/Win32API/Fi
le/File.dll  /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/cygwin-multi-64int/CORE/libperl.dll.a    
gcc -shared -o  File.dll -Wl,--out-implib=libFile.dll.a -Wl,--export-all-symbols
 -Wl,--enable-auto-import -Wl,--stack,8388608 \
-s -L/usr/local/lib File.o  /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/cygwin-multi-64int/CORE/libperl
.dll.a
Creating library file: libFile.dll.a
File.o(.text+0x50a):File.c: undefined reference to `_CloseHandle'
File.o(.text+0x651):File.c: undefined reference to `_GetLastError'
File.o(.text+0xab2):File.c: undefined reference to `_CopyFileA'

 ---- many more like lines ----
 
File.o(.text+0x18b51):File.c: undefined reference to `_GetLastError'
File.o(.text+0x18d8a):File.c: undefined reference to `_SetErrorMode'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
perlld: *** system() failed to execute
gcc -shared -o  File.dll -Wl,--out-implib=libFile.dll.a -Wl,--export-all-symbols
 -Wl,--enable-auto-import -Wl,--stack,8388608 \
-s -L/usr/local/lib File.o  /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/cygwin-multi-64int/CORE/libperl
.dll.a

make[1]: *** [../blib/arch/auto/Win32API/File/File.dll] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/owensc/dev/libwin32-0.191/APIFile'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 2

Thanks much,

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Charles N. Owens                                Email: [email-masked]
                                             http://www.enc.edu/~owensc
  Senior Technology Officer
  Information Technology Services              Eastern Nazarene College
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/