Subject: gcc-3.3.1, error compiling c++ code: Assembler messages: Error: symbol `_N' is already defined
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 23:55:07 +0200

Hallo,

I'm getting the following error when compiling icu-2.6.1 with
gcc-3.3.1-1: 

$ g++ -D_REENTRANT -I. -I../common -I../common -D_REENTRANT -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DU_I18N_IMPLEMENTATION -O4  -c -DPIC  -o strmatch.o strmatch.cpp
/tmp/cc3umU0v.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/cc3umU0v.s:60: Error: symbol `_N' is already defined

It compiles fine when using gcc-3.2-3.

Only reference I found is this patch here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-09/msg00929.html

How can I help to track this down?

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/