Subject: Re: make is not install
From: Larry Hall <[email-masked]>
To: Carlo Florendo <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: bohm s <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:44:14 -0400

At 02:37 AM 9/26/2003, Carlo Florendo you wrote:
>bohm s wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>I just installed cygwin and 'make' was not installed.
>
>
>It's most probable that make was not installed even if you thought it was.  Could you post the output the command `cygcheck -svr' so your problem can be diagnosed better.  Check out http://cygwin.com/problems.html for details on how to post problems later.
>
>>
>>I chose All - "default", then uninstalled everything, following the uninstall instructions on the cygwin site, then tried All - "install". Niether configuration resullted in make.exe being found in my cygwin\bin folder.
>>
>>What am I doing wrong? What package do I need to install to get 'make'?
>
>
>Are you sure you got everything.  What mirror are you using?

Right.  This may be the most important piece of information.  That and
/var/log/setup.log*.  If 'make' isn't shown as a package being installed,
you don't have it.  Of course, the output of 'cygcheck -srv' will tell you
whether 'make' was installed but if it isn't, the log files will tell
you if it was supposed to be installed from what you picked.  If it's not
installed and the log doesn't tell you it was supposed to be, you need to
check to see if the mirror(s) you picked have the package.  There are 
occasions where some mirrors are incomplete.  See 
<http://cygwin.com/packages/> to find the package which contains 'make' if
you're not sure what it is.  If the mirror you're using has the package,
make sure you do select it when you install via setup.  If the mirror 
doesn't have the package, add another mirror to your list of mirrors 
until you find one that does have the package.

--
Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746                     

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/