Subject: Re: Problem with perl distro?
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Peter M Aarestad <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:50:55 +0200

Hallo Peter,

Am Mittwoch, 24. September 2003 um 01:55 schriebst du:

> Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

>> # Variables used in loop
>> my $screen = "";
>> my $fldname = "";

> Changing my script to this and using "export PERLIO=crlf" got rid of all 
> the warnings for me.  I didn't know the latter, so thanks for teaching 
> me something new today! :)

crlf is one PERLIO layer which does LF -> CR/LF conversion on
generated outputs and CR/LF -> LF on inputs.  But use with care, there
were bugs and nasty side effects (e.g. outfiles with CR/CR/LF) and I'm
not sure that all problems were fixed.

More about PERLIO in the docs: e.g. `perldoc perlio`.

You may want to use Unix line endings only for your input, that is get
rid of all CRs in your data files.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/