Subject: Re: mutt and 8 bit characters
From: "David A. Case" <[email-masked]>
To: Tony Arnold <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:22:31 -0700

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003, Tony Arnold wrote:

> I've seen references to this problem in the mailing list archives, but not a
> suggestion for a work around or hint of a fix being on its way. The problem
> is that if I try to reply to a message with 8 bit characters (e.g., UK
> currency symbol, accented characters) then mutt crashes with a message about
> BUGGY_ICONV.
> 

I know of two workarounds: (1) revert to version 1.8xx of libiconv; (2)
grab the mutt sources and re-compile/re-link against the current version of 
libiconv.

Path (2) has worked for me; I used path (1) for a while, but it is likely that
other things that depend upon libiconv would become broken, so this is likely
to be a less-good solution.

..good luck...dac

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/