Subject: Re: Available for testing: gcc-3.3.1-1 and gcc-mingw-20030911-1
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:45:59 +0200

Hallo Christopher,

On Mittwoch, 2003-09-17 at 23:32 you wrote:

>>>>c-lex.h is missing in the source package.

>>> It's not available in the CVS repository on gcc.gnu.org, AFAICT.
>>> Nothing that I build uses it, so this shouldn't be an issue.  Apparently
>>> objc builds are broken for 3.3.1.

>>Broken?  I compiled the source package from mingw.org and at least the
>>'hello world' test in objc works fine.

> If you check out the sources from the gcc repository you will note that
> c-lex.h is not available on the 3.3 branch.

>>Is there some more information about this somewhere?

> I don't have any information.  Like I said, AFAICT, this file isn't
> necessary for my build.  Maybe Danny has some insight.  Perhaps he added
> c-lex.h into his source package since he builds objective-c.

It is not in the 3.3.1 archive I got from mingw.org but the version of
objc in the 3.3.1-1 source package distributed via the cygwin mirrors
requires c-lex.h which is not included in the original 3.3.1 package
from gnu.org or the CVS as you found. 

Hmmm, I guess objc-parse.c is meant to be regenerated and not to be
fetched readily from CVS, anyway also objc-parse.y in the 3.3.1-1
tarball is dated 01.06.2002 which seems pretty old (my versions date
is 14.05.2003).

I used the latest available MinGw version now again (just the objc
subdirectory) and it builds without problems.  I did a diff on the two
directories and they are different.  Probably your gcc/objc-parse.y
and gcc/objc-parse.c were not updated recently?

Now I wonder if it is broken for you because of this or don't you
build it anyway because it is broken elswhere?  That is why I asked
for more information about the breakage.

HTH,
Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/