Subject: xdvi: SIGSEGV in XtInitialize
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 23:00:48 +0200

I had a look at the xdvi problem; if XAPPLRESDIR is set to a directory
that actually contains a file called `XDvi' that can be read,
XtInitialize provokes a SIGSEGV.

Anyone who X11 with debugging info who wants to look at this?

Jan.

Breakpoint 1, main (argc=2, argv=0x10032170)
    at /netrel/src/tetex-bin-2.0.2-13/texk/xdvik/xdvi.c:2291
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Breakpoint 2, main (argc=2, argv=0x10032170)
    at /netrel/src/tetex-bin-2.0.2-13/texk/xdvik/xdvi.c:2377
(gdb) l 2377,2378
2377	    top_level = XtInitialize(prog, "XDvi", options, XtNumber(options),
2378				     &argc, argv);
(gdb) s

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00000000 in ?? () from 
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000000 in ?? () from 
(gdb) up
Initial frame selected; you cannot go up.
(gdb)

cygcheck ./xdvi.in.exe
.\xdvi.bin.exe
  c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygICE-6.dll
    c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntdll.dll
  c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygSM-6.dll
  c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygX11-6.dll
  c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygXext-6.dll
  c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygXpm-4.dll
  c:\cygwin\bin\cygkpathsea-3.dll

XFree86-bin             4.3.0-2

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/