Subject: Re: Cygwin on external drive?
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Zeilhofer, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:35:25 +0200

Hallo Peter,

Am Donnerstag, 11. September 2003 um 11:32 schriebst du:

> I moved a complete perfectly working Cygwin-configuration with
> Apache and SSL from C:\cygwin to F.\cygwin an external 40GB disk
> drive (connected via USB) and tried to get it running, but it will
> not work. I must say that I have expected problems. Should this be
> possible after a straight installation on an external drive from the
> beginning?  
> I think I found a hint in some faq that installation on C:\cygwin is
> not mandatory. 
> Thanks in advance :-) 

Works well for me with the correct mounts.  But using services which
are running under 'Local System' account doesn't work because Windows
'mounts' (Shared Drives/Folders) are only visible to the user but not
to the system.

Servus,
Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/