Subject: Re: Does cdrtools work under Cygwin 1.5.3?
From: Hartmut Welpmann <[email-masked]>
To: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 22:14:23 +0200

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:02:27 -0400, you wrote:

>Does cdrtools work under Cygwin 1.5.3?  IIRC, the last Cygwin version
>that worked was 1.3.17.  I haven't tried since 1.3.22.

They actually work perfectly under Cygwin 1.5.3! There are no problems
with piping from mkisofs to cdrecord as well as cdda2wav -paranoia
anymore (thanks to the patch of Pierre A. Humblet I assume).

Furthermore, the compilation process doesn't hang anymore while
'checking if mmap works to get shared memory...'. Unfortunately the
resulting cdrecord binary doesn't have fifo support due to the result
of this very test.

There a two options to work around that issue:

1. manually add the line "#define HAVE_SMMAP 1" to xconfig.h, clean
and make again.

2. use the original gcc 3.3.1 from gcc.gnu.org

Regards,
Hartmut

-- 
Hartmut Welpmann

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/