Subject: Re: Antw: Re: cygwin python 2.3 oddity
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Olivier Lefevre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:53:43 -0400

Olivier,

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 05:58:14PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 11:55:10PM +0200, Olivier Lefevre wrote:
> >OK, so I upgraded everything and now with python 2.3.2 it works.
> >Weird.  I didn't change anything else.

When I built Python 2.3-2, I didn't change anything either -- I just
built against Cygwin 1.5.x.

> >However, following up on my own suggestion re. truss, I found about
> >strace and wanted to try it but:
> >
> >    bash-2.05b$ strace python
> >    strace.exe: error creating process python, (error 2)
> >
> >Is this a known issue? It's not mentioned in python-2.3.README, at
> >any rate.
> 
> python is a symlink.  strace doesn't grok symlinks.

Try the following:

    $ strace -o python.log python2.3.exe

Jason

-- 
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D  8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/