Subject: Re: Cygwin python 2.3 oddity
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Olivier Lefevre <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:37:22 -0400

Olivier,

Please post instead of sending private email.

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 09:50:55PM +0200, Olivier Lefevre wrote:
> It doesn't seem to honor the PYTHONSTARTUP variable. I can't it to
> read my startup file. The native Windows version does. The README does
> not mention this as a known issue. Should it work?

Yes, and it does for me.  FWIW, this is how I enable Python's readline
module.

What is your PYTHONSTARTUP set to?  If it contains "~" or "$HOME", is
HOME and/or your /etc/passwd entry set correctly?

Jason

-- 
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D  8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/