Subject: Re: pthread_mutex_lock error
From: Rob Clack <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 14:14:24 +0100

Sad but true.  When I finally did what I should have done to start with, 
I quickly found that I had managed to include the wrong version of 
cygwin1.dll in my binary.  I then found I also had to add 
cygreadline5.dll and cygncurses6.dll, but that was easy enough.  No 
doubt the latter was documented somewhere else I didn't look, ;) but it 
didn't take any time to fix anyway.

The reason for not running cygcheck was that this was someone else's box 
and didn't have cygwin installed.  Once it was installed, it didn't take 
me long to spot that the two versions of cygwin1.dll had different 
timestamps, which quickly led me to the resolution.

So thank you for your help and patience.

Rob

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 04:31:35PM +0100, Rob Clack wrote:
> 
>>So I'm stuck now as to how to proceed.  Or does your return post, 
>>Christopher, mean the answer is there if I only look in the right place?
> 
> 
> You said that you had no idea how to diagnose the problem.  I pointed you
> at the page which talks about diagnosing problems.  You haven't read it
> thoroughly, obviously.  It talks about information that should be in
> every problem report, like attached cygcheck output.
> --
> Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
> Special for spam email harvesters: send email to [email-masked]
> and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com
> 

-- 
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  The mouth: natural home of the foot
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Rob Clack                        Acedb Development,  Informatics Group
  email: [email-masked]                Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
  Tel: +44 1223 494780                   Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
  Fax: +44 1223 494919                   Hinxton  Cambridge    CB10 1SA

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/