Subject: Re: Marvelous CYGWIN
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 01:14:38 -0700

zzapper wrote:

> 1) Although I have the following setting in my .profile & .bashrc it
> is apparently ignored:-
> 
> set completion-ignore-case on

This goes in $HOME/.inputrc since it's a GNU readline parameter, not a
shell setting.

> The following alias causes the shell to exit if there are two many
> files x*, can I set more memory is there a workaround? (or should I be
> using XARGS?
> 
> alias vewx='gvim.exe `l\s -t c:/aaa/x* | head -1 ` &'

I can't reproduce that, what do you mean it exits?  Your shell window
closes?  Do these files that match the glob have spaces or any other
weird characters?

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/