Subject: cron: can't switch user context
From: René Haber <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 19:06:16 +0200

Hello

I've got Cygwin runnig on Windows 2003 and wanted to use the cron
daemon. I installed it via

   cygrunsrv -I "CYGWIN crond" -p /usr/sbin/cron.exe -a -D

as a NT-Service. Then I added a cronjob via "crontab -e" (I was logged
in as Administrator)

   5 * * * * echo "test" > test.txt

after that, I started the cron-service and waited for the test-job to
complete. But instead of doing the job cron complaind in the Syslog
about

     Ereignisinformationen: /USR/SBIN/CRON : PID 228 : (CRON) error (can't switch user context).

I checked my install via a shellscript (cron_diagnose.sh) I found in
the Mailing-List Archiv, but it didn't find a problem.

Is there a solution to this Problem or a work-around?

Thanks.

René Haber

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/